This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.
This is the post excerpt.
Family sucks balls. It’s a joke. Not immediate family so much as the extended family. I’ve been gone for a year now and I don’t even miss it. Who would I miss? The aunts who don’t give a fuck about me or my kids? Nah… The cousins I barely talk to because we have nothing in common or I’m so much older? No… The awkward silences at family functions because you don’t know what to talk about or don’t really care to ask about? Not so much. I don’t honestly consider them family that much. My mom has 3 sisters. There’s the Martha Stewart of the family who is really not that bad. Probably closest to her. But we still don’t really talk. She’s one hell of a busy woman. But at least she has always asked about he kids. Did you know that when Beezie broke her leg and was going through hell, not ONCE did any of them call to ask how she was??? Of course not. Then there’s the other two. They work together and are close and their kids are close and they do vacations together and blah blah blah. And my mom gets to hear about it at Christmas or my nana’s birthday because, you know, that’s the only time they talk to her. But, she still smiles and takes it on the chin. They never invite her. Not on vacations.. She wouldn’t go. But, for dinners or shows or any of the other crap they do. She won’t ever tell them because she’s too proud but it hurts her. Even if she can’t go it’d still nice to be asked. To be thought of. Then they say ” Why don’t Tina and Brian come to family functions?” MAYBE BECAUSE THEY DON’T FEEL LIKE PART OF YOUR CLICKY LITTLE “FAMILY”! That group of people are not a family to me. They are familiar strangers. And I have always felt like my family was only ever invited as place fillers. No connection to them at all. My mom is a good woman. She loves her family. She’s been a faithful, devoted and loving wife for almost 46 years. She’s caring, gentle, easy to talk to and is willing to help whenever she can. She may not be able to afford all these quarterly vacay’s her sisters take but she’s still their sister and it would be nice if they’d start treating her like that……. All I’m saying is stop being such douchebags.
Beezie and I had a very in depth conversation today about the human race. We decided that humans are, beyond the shadow of a doubt, the most horrible species that there is.
We destroy forests without blinking an eye for years. Decades. No regard given to this planet we live on. No thoughts on future generations and how they would be impacted by cutting all those trees. We use those trees to build homes. Homes that more often than not are much larger and more elaborate than they need be. We make paper. We make clothes. Furniture. The list goes on. We pollute the air and kill the ozone without so much as a blink of an eye. We destroy our oceans and the marine life in it by using giant floating oil cans that seem to have more accidents than they really should. We chew up the earth finding the oil to put in these tin cans to pollute the water. We test drugs on helpless animals. We destroy whole wildlife habitats in a minute. We are the only species who hunts and kills it’s own kind just for shits and giggles. Catholic priests praying on innocent children, the Chinese phamon in 1958, forcing animals into extinction for our own vanities, terrorism….the list goes on.
And in spite of all of this…failure…we still refer to ourselves as the superior race. The superior race who takes orphaned children and throws them into foster care and forgets about hem until they’re old enough to kick out on their asses. Many species of animals “adopt” orphaned animals regardless of the species. An entire herd of elephants will raise one orphan. “It takes a village”, right? Funny how a superior species such as ourselves can’t seem to grasp that. We can’t seem to grasp anything until it directly affects us in the here and now.
Still think we are better??
“We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity; more than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.” – Charlie Chaplin
I’m living with a Poltergeist. It’s evil. It throws things. It causes screaming in our house. It slams doors. It messes with everybody’s emotions. It’s making us lose our minds. It likes to stay in the girls’ room. It seems to like to take possession of everything it comes into contact with. It always turns the lights on. It leaves a path of destruction everywhere it goes. It’s heartless. It’s remorseless. It’s cold. It’s plain mean. It’s angry. It’s beastly. It’s destructive. Offensive. Nasty.
She’s my teenage daughter. And I wouldnt trade her for anything in the world.
She may be all these things but she’s also spectacular. She’s ferocious. She’s empathetic..loving..caring. She’s honest. She’s brilliant. She’s gentle. She makes me want to be a better me. She’s one of the reasons I get up every morning. She’s the reason I laugh. She’s the reason I cry. She’s the reason I lose my mind. She’s my love…..my life…my Grace. ❤❤
I decided to give this blogging thing a try again. Maybe in 2017 I can amuse some of you with my uncanny wit and my immeasurable charm. I have a feeling that most, if not all, of my posts will probably be best posted with a warning label. Since we all know that isn’t possible I will create my own….
1. The entries in this blog are most likely NOT going to be politically correct. I don’t believe that any one side of any debate is 100% in the wrong nor do I believe the opposite. Chances are I will piss you off quite a few times….or at least I hope I do.
2. I curse. I swear like a mother fucker and I will not apologize for it. If that language offends you then you might wanna skee-daddle the fuck out of here before we even get started.
3. I have very little patience for stupid. Stupid people really piss me off. If you’re stupid you should probably just fuck off right now.
4. I am an Atheist. I don’t believe there is some narcissist little invisible man up in the sky who says you either believe in him or the devil will drag you to Hell!! I don’t believe in a book that knocks homosexuality but praises incest and rape. I don’t believe some guy just randomly built a boat and put 2 of every animal on that boat and sailed around for however many days….Those poor animals must have only had what?? Two square inches of space each? And where the hell did they go to the bathroom??? Now THAT constitutes cruelty to animals!
5. I don’t believe in marriage. Been there. Done that. Thanks, but no thanks. I believe in commitment between two people. My man and I are 16 years together and not married. Marriage is referred to as an “institution” for one reason and one reason only. You have to be nuts to enter it and it’s a pain in the ass to get out of!
6. I like jokes. The ruder the better. I will make jokes about anybody and everybody. Before you all get your panties in a bunch just know that just because I pass along a joke I may have heard does not mean I’m racist or I hate that group of people or whatever the case may be. It just means, more often than not, it’s funny. Period
7. I am NOT a baker. Do not look to me for anything sugar coated. You won’t find it.
So now that we are all up to speed nobody should be whining or complaining or crying in their pillow because that nasty lady on the Internet said something that may not have been nice. To you sensitives. …suck it up or move the fuck on!
There’s been a lot of changes in my life this last year and some of you who know me may think I’ve been selfish. Oh well. C’est la vie!
I will try to explain my choices and the things going on in my head through this blog. If you can handle the truth then stick around because I guarantee you my little foursome I travel through life with is pretty awesome. If not, then you can just go fuck your hat.
Until next time…..try not to kill eachother, eh?